Sunday, May 24, 2009

Today

Today is the middle of a three day weekend! Today is going to be a busy day here planting some new things I got at the store...some blueberry, raspberry and grape plants. Today is Sunday which means a new sketch at Creative Scrappers. Sketch #53 was created by yours truly. The page I created is titled "TODAY" and is about the day we got Chloe's ears pierced. I used MME Bloom and Grow papers, Riff Raff chipboard which I sprayed with Tiger Lily Glimmer Mist, Prima flowers, and Kaiser Craft rhinestones. The journaling was printed on a transparency.
Journaling reads: Today was a big day for you. We spent the weekend in Evansville to watch Ashley graduate from the University of Evansville with her Doctorate in Physical Therapy. We went out for breakfast at Denny's with Grandpa, Grandma, and Ashley. We had a few hours to kill before the ceremony started, so we decided to go to the mall and do some shopping. We were at Claire's buying you some pretty bows for your hair when Daddy said, "Let's get Chloe's ears pierced." You were so brave, sitting on my lap, but I could tell you were still unsure. They did both ears at the same time, and you cried as I carried you to the car. You broke my heart when through your tears, you said, "Mommy hurt me!" Once you saw how pretty they were, though, you changed your mind. I'm so proud of my baby girl! May 9, 2009.

Speaking of Ashley's graduation, I finished up a two page layout about it using the June KnK kit. I'll be able to show you that is a few days. I also got my June kit from Back Porch Memories in the mail yesterday, and I LOVE it! Wait until you see everything in this kit! I can't wait to start digging into that. First, though, I need to start digging in the yard and get these plants in the ground. I hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Wonderful layout Deb! I love those papers! Great journaling too.