Sunday, January 2, 2011

Back Porch Memories January Kits

January kits are up and available for purchase at Back Porch Memories! The Solo kit this month features My Mind's Eye Fine and Dandy Tickled Pink. The Medley kit includes collections from Fancy Pants Hot Chocolate, BasicGrey Marjolaine, and Bo Bunny Crazy Love. I don't know how anyone can choose as both kits are fantastic! Fortunately, I didn't have to choose as I am doing member layouts this month and got both kits!


Solo kit:
Medley kit:
For those of you that may not know what member layouts at Back Porch Memories are, let me give you a little bit of info. Member layouts are available only to kit subscribers. When you get your kit in the mail, there will be a password included that gives you online access to exclusive sketches and layouts all using both the Solo and Medley kits for that month. Using the sketches and layout examples is a fantastic way to save time and use up your kits each month! You get three sketches - two one page layout sketches and one two page layout sketch. We use every sketch with each kit, so you get six layout examples - and with one of the one page layout sketches, we turn it into a two pager to give you even more options! So all total, you get three one page layouts and three two page layouts to get inspiration from.

Tami Floyd was our resident sketch artist, but she has stepped down from the design team to pursue other ventures in life. I will miss seeing her gorgeous work each month at BPM, and I wish her all the best! I have taken over the responsibility of doing the monthly member layout sketches, and I hope I can do it justice! It has been fun this month, designing my own sketches and layouts, and I hope you all like what I have come up with! Look for sneak peeks on the 10th of the month!

I went back out to the flea market today to grab another canvas print to go with my corset prints to balance out the design on the wall of my craft room. Here's how it is looking so far. The empty spool rack looks really crooked in the picture lol. That rack is going to hold my embroidery thread. I don't have any yet, and that is why that rack is empty. I will take care of that soon enough. Just waiting for a sale at Hobby Lobby. I think I am going to buy or make one of those vinyl wall decals with a cool quote or something to put across the wall above the pictures and spool racks. Once I get my new sewing table next week, I will take a pic of the whole area and share it here.


I'm thinking with all of my crocheting and sewing, I might have to change the name of my blog! Does anyone have any creative ideas? I'm still scrapping, but want to incorporate all of my crafts and a bit of my personal life as well into the blog this year. So if you have a suggestion, please leave me a comment!

No comments: