Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fly

Wow has it been a busy weekend! We had company come in from out of town, went to visit my parents, played at Crop Addict during the online crop, and today, we went to Lowes to get a new faucet for the kitchen sink, hit the driving range, and then did some four wheeling. The weekend has just flown by, but it has been so much fun! I'm trying to soak it all up because I know we won't have many more beautiful, warm weekends like this before long. Here's my page this week for Pink Sketches:

I love this picture of my son playing on the swing. To me, this is the epitome of summer. Flying through the air, no shoes, and a big silly grin on his face. That is what summer is all about. The higher he goes, the happier he is. I used SEI Dill Blossom papers, Tim Holtz Grungeboard, Making Memories journaling spot and paint, Stampin' Up and Tim Holtz inks, and I cross stitched around the edge of the patterned paper.

7 comments:

Jenny B in Indy said...

Love it!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Wow! This is beautiful! LOVE the colors you put together!!!!!!!!!
((HUGS)) my friend! I hope that you and your family are doing well!!! :)

Fletch said...

Totally loving this page!!!! The stitching is awesome!

Carol A. said...

Wahoo Deb...you have the patience of a saint, my dear friend. The stitching turned out fabulous and Caleb look like he is having such a great time. Beautiful page!

Jenelle said...

OMGosh this LO is fab-u-lous!!!!

Sophia said...

This is a fabulous LO Deb!! Love the warm colours splashed on this page!!! It's really sad to see you leave Pink Sketches DT. We'll be missing your works! I wish you and your family and loved ones well!

*hugs*
Sophia
Pink Sketches DT

Kristine said...

beautiful page! I love the stitching... and the distressing.. and nice job with the grungeboard!